The Council is pleased to announce the following updates for the upcoming MDCAT-2023:
The registration portal for the Medical & Dental Colleges Admission Test 2023 (MDCAT-2023) will be live from 17th July 2023.
Last Date of Registration:
- 31st July 2023
MDCAT Registration Fee:
- The Registration fee will remain the same as last year i.e. Rs. 6,000/-
MDCATPassing Percentage for Session 2023-24:
The Passing Criteria of MDCAT-2023 have been approved for seeking admission to Medical or Dental colleges:
- BDS: 50%
Any person seeking admission in any undergraduate medical or dental college in Pakistan shall be eligible having fulfilled the following
- Have passed the MDCAT examination;
- Obtained a Higher Secondary School certificate qualification (“HSSC”) or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained a minimum of sixty percent (60%) marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and passed the mandatory subjects of biology and chemistry. The student may option to qualify for either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognized in Pakistan:
- The general principle to be applied shall be that admission to medical colleges should be concluded prior to admissions to dental colleges, and admissions to public sector colleges are concluded prior to admissions to private colleges.
- Public Medical Colleges 31st December each year
- Private Medical Colleges 31st January each year
- Public DentaI Colleges 15th February each year
- Private Dental Colleges 28th February each year
- The MDCAT result 2023 of one province shall be valid for the entire country and shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of its examination as per section 17 of the PM&DC Act 2022.
- The results of MDCAT-2022 are no longer valid for seeking admission in session 2023. which was already mentioned on the individual result certificates.
- To facilitate the international candidates, MDCAT-2023 will be held at two international countries/ Venues i.e., Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). international aspirants are directed to choose one of these two options according to their convenience of visa as well as traveling.
Mandatory Requirement for Registration Portal (MDCAT-2023):
- Candidates are required to upload 1st Year F.SC (Pre-Medical) Marks Sheet/ DMC while submitting their details on the MDCAT Exam Registration portal.
Registration fee of International Venue:
- The international venue registration fee for MDCAT-2023 is 100 USD Dollar.
- The international venue’s late Registration fee for MDCAT-2023 is 150 USD Dollar
NUMS (MDCAT 2O23):
- NUMS will be the admitting university and its MDCAT results will only be applicable for admissions to all NUMS Affiliated medical/dental colleges