SINDH ELECTRONIC CENTRALIZED COLLEGE ADMISSION POLICY
- Students who have got through their SSC/Technical board /G.C.E (O’Level)or its equivalent examination are eligible to apply
- Students who have passed this examination during the last three years before 2022 are also eligible with the condition that 5 marks for every year of gap shall be deducted from their total marks to determine their merit
- It is imperative for the students passing the G.C.E (O Level) examination to pass the subjects of English, Urdu, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies, and four optional subjects
- An equivalence certificate from I.B.C Islamabad is mandatory for all students coming from the Cambridge board.
- General conditions as well as conditions specific to faculty/group or subject for admission to the
Intermediate, Level shall be in accordance with those set by the concerned Education Board for the
relevant level, faculty, or subject.
- If a student applies for admission one or more years late then he/she shall produce an affidavit to the effect that he/she has not been admitted at any college previously and he/she is availing the opportunity for admission for the first time.
- Students who have domiciled of the Sindh
- Those who acquired domicile other than Sindh province can apply on a quota basis only
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
The application form duly filled by the candidates shall be supported by the attested photocopies of the following documents:
- SSC Certificate for admission at any level of studies
- Detail Marks / Provisional Certificate of the last exam passed
- Character Certificate issued by the learning institution last attended. Where the candidate has passed the last examination in a private capacity such certificate shall be signed by a gazetted officer.
- Domicile Certificate
- Self/father CNIC /B-Form
- Required number of colored photographs as per college policy.
- Quota eligibility certificate in case a candidate applies for a specified quota notified by the government, e.g Disabled, etc.
- Students admitted on a sports basis shall be required to submit an undertaking that they will actively participate in the college sports team, failing which their admission shall stand canceled.
- Applications that are not registered within the due date, whether online or manually, shall not be considered for admission.
- Students passing a supplementary examination shall not be eligible for admission in the academic year in which he/she has passed the examination.
- No regular admission in any class shall be allowed to a candidate who has already passed equivalent examination in another faculty/group or subject.
- Students who failed in any class or did not appear in the examination or discontinued their studies shall not be allowed readmission to the same or lower class.
- The students who have passed SSC/GCE (O Level) or equivalent examination in a general group (humanities/arts/Commerce are not eligible for admission to any Science faculty
- Students placed in “E” grade in SSC exam shall not be allowed admission first Year in any faculty / group.
- Students who failed in one or more subjects shall not be allowed to take admission in Part-I of Intermediate
- Private /External Candidates are not eligible for admission in class XI or XII in Government colleges
- The transfer from one college (Private or Government) or External students to any Government College in-class XI & XII is strictly banned under SECCP if any Principal found in the issuance of NOC/ granting admission to such students shall be dealt with strictly under the rules
Preparation of Merit List
- The SECCAP will differentiate the students for specified Colleges according to their marks in last pass classes.
- The admission of the candidate who passed their matriculation examination from the Technical Board GCE/O Level Foreign Country and their names are not included in the placement list of respective College shall be granted through claim orders only
- Any Admission granted beyond/below the merit in Karachi Region; Principal concerned shall be held responsible
- The merit of the students passing of G.C.E (O Level) examination will be determined by the conversion of their marks in accordance with the following formula (for admission purposes only)
a. Grade A*=90 A=85 B=75 C=65 D=55 E=45
- The mean value of all valid graded will be multiplied by 8.5 to calculate equivalence. This is to be pointed out that only grades of the subjects that are relevant for the choices of the applicants in the intermediate will be counted For example, “A” in French, Will not be included to calculate the average of a student who has applied for admission in the faculty of science/commerce
- The marks of the matriculation from the Technical Board shall be converted according to the under-mentioned formula
- “Maximum marks of Technical Board = 1150
- Maximum marks of Component III of class IX & X =300
- Maximum marks for evaluation “A” = (1150-300)= 850
- Evaluation marks =(marks obtained) – (Marks obtained in Component III)
- Results of placement shall be announced and can be checked
a) -in daily newspapers
b) -Website of Director General Colleges Sindh
c) -Concerned Colleges
- The Principal shall constitute separate Admission Committees for different faculties/groups at various levels. Each committee shall consist of a Senior Staff Member as Chairperson along with other staff members drawn from the relevant faculty/group. These committees should thoroughly check/scrutinize the application forms and make their recommendation regarding the eligibility of the candidates for admission in a particular group of studies according to the rules/instructions issued by the government and concerned affiliating Education Board.
- The principal may keep 10 % of the total number of seats in each faculty for15 days for meritorious students who may not turn up for admission within the prescribed time for admission due to unavoidable circumstances.
- The minimum marks declaring a candidate as meritorious shall be determined by the concerned committee of each college
- Candidates who fail to confirm their seat within the specified period shown on any merit list shall lose their right of admission and/her seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit. However, if such candidate(s) turn for admission at a later stage and vacant seats are available then such candidates may be given an opportunity before offering admission to the next candidate(s) having a lower stage on the merit list
- Merit lists for the category of candidates as defined at 4:A(i, ii, iii, iv), shall be prepared separately based on the percentage of obtained marks in the last examination passed such that candidates with a higher percentage of obtained marks shall have the exclusive right for admission over those who have lower percent obtained marks